The Neel Corporate Governance Center focuses on the areas of corporate governance with strong implications for public policy. Such areas include board structure—including key board committees, such as audit; compensation policy; and institutional shareholder activism.
Click here for faculty experts in these areas.
Upcoming Events and News
- Neel CGC Speaker Series: Jason M. Hill, Chief Financial Officer of Gibson Brands, Inc., will be speaking Friday, October 2, 2015, 12:30-1:10 p.m. and again from 1:40-2 p.m. in the Haslam Building, room 402. Jason is an alum of the Haslam College of Business (BS, MAcc).
- Neel CGC Speaker Series: Mike Gallagher, Managing Partner of Assurance Quality for PwC, will be speaking Friday, October 9, 2015, from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Haslam Building, room 402.
- Neel CGC Speaker Series: Larry Shover, co-founder and Chief Investment Officer of Solutions Funds Group, a mutual fund providing investors with institutional grade exposure to alternative investments, will be speaking Friday, November 6, 2015, from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Haslam Building, room 402.
... past events
- Joe Carcello: Accounting & Compliance Alert: Chamber of Commerce Seeks Bigger Voice for Business in Regulatory Decisions (Thomson Reuters/Tax & Accounting™, March 9, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Will SEC Pressure Shift the PCAOB’s Standard-Setting Priorities? (Soyoung Ho, Thomson Reuters/Tax & Accounting: CheckPoint™, February 2, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: SEC: Accounting Board Is Dragging Feet (Michael Rapoport, The Wall Street Journal, December 14, 2014)
- Governor Bill Haslam to Speak as Part of Distinguished Speaker Series August 29
- UT Corporate Governance Center Named for Former Business Dean Warren Neel
- Joan Heminway: Miller Energy Compensation Draws Critics (Josh Flory, Knoxville News-Sentinel, April 17, 2014)
- Joe Carcello: BDO USA Chief Looks to Grow Through Deals (Michael Rapoport, The Wall Street Journal, March 12, 2014)
- Joe Carcello: Fake Profit E-Mails at AgFeed's Farms Back Fraud Claims (Dune Lawrence, Bloomberg.com,December 22, 2013)
- Joe Carcello: PricewaterhouseCoopers to Buy Booz & Co. (Michael Rapoport, J. Steinberg and J.S. Lublin, The Wall Street Journal, October 31, 2013)
... more news