The Neel Corporate Governance Center focuses on the areas of corporate governance with strong implications for public policy. Such areas include board structure—including key board committees, such as audit; compensation policy; and institutional shareholder activism.
Click here for faculty experts in these areas.
Upcoming Events and News
- Neel CGC Speaker Series: Roy J. Katzovicz, Chairman of Saddle Point Group and formerly Partner, Investment Team Member, and Chief Legal Officer of Pershing Square Capital Management, was the guest speaker, November 13, 2015.
- Neel CGC Speaker Series: Anne Sheehan, Director of Corporate Governance for the California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS), the second largest public pension fund in the U.S., will be speaking Friday, January 22, 2016, from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Haslam Building, room 402.
- Neel CGC Speaker Series: Paula Loop, PwC partner and Leader of PwC’s Center for Board Governance and Investor Resource Institute, will be speaking Friday, March 4, 2016, from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Haslam Building, room 402.
- Neel CGC Speaker Series: Wilma Jordan, Founder and CEO of The Jordan, Edmiston Group Inc. (JEGI) and a prominent Haslam College of Business alum, will be speaking Friday, March 11, 2016, from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Haslam Building, room 402. JEGI is an independent investment bank for the media, information, marketing and technology sectors.
... past events
- Joe Carcello: U.S. Investors Have One More Reason to Fret About Chinese Firms (Dave Michaels, Bloomberg.com, November 3, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Trouble is Brewing at the SEC (Eleanor Bloxham, Fortune.com, October 30, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Investor Advocates Worried About Potential Accounting Rule Change (Patrick Temple-West , Politico.com, October 19, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Investor Advocates Protest Proposals Limiting Disclosure
(Francine McKenna, MarketWatch, October 19, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: SEC Looking at Outside Candidates to Lead Audit Regulator PCAOB (Michael Rapoport and Andrew Ackerman, The Wall Street Journal, September 9, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Study Shows Better Audit Reports Lead to Better Audits (Tammy Whitehouse, Compliance Week, August 25, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Audit Firms Called to Account for Cosy Tenures (Madison Marriage, Financial Times, June 14, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: SEC Seeks Views on 'Shocking' Auditor Relationships (Madison Marriage, Financial Times, June 14, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Accounting & Compliance Alert: Chamber of Commerce Seeks Bigger Voice for Business in Regulatory Decisions (Thomson Reuters/Tax & Accounting™, March 9, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Will SEC Pressure Shift the PCAOB’s Standard-Setting Priorities? (Soyoung Ho, Thomson Reuters/Tax & Accounting: CheckPoint™, February 2, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: SEC: Accounting Board Is Dragging Feet (Michael Rapoport, The Wall Street Journal, December 14, 2014)
- Governor Bill Haslam to Speak as Part of Distinguished Speaker Series August 29
- UT Corporate Governance Center Named for Former Business Dean Warren Neel
- Joan Heminway: Miller Energy Compensation Draws Critics (Josh Flory, Knoxville News-Sentinel, April 17, 2014)
... more news