The Neel Corporate Governance Center focuses on the areas of corporate governance with strong implications for public policy. Such areas include board structure—including key board committees, such as audit; compensation policy; and institutional shareholder activism.
Click here for faculty experts in these areas.
Upcoming Events and News
- Neel CGC Speaker Series: Vanessa A. Countryman, Chief Counsel in the SEC’s Division of Economic and Risk Analysis, will be speaking Friday, November 3, 2017, from 10:30 a.m. to noon in the Alumni Memorial Building, room 32.
- Neel CGC Speaker Series: Maria Castañón Moats, U.S. Assurance Leader at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC), will be speaking Friday, February 2, 2018, from 10:30 a.m. to noon, room to be determined.
- Neel CGC Speaker Series: Dr. Steve Albrecht, will be speaking Friday, April 13, 2018, from 10:30 a.m. to noon, room to be determined.
- ... past events
If you plan to attend an upcoming presentation, let us know by clicking
If you would like to be kept up to date on future events with the Center, you can subscribe to our mailing list here:
- Joe Carcello: Will Banks Have to Boost Capital Because of New Lease Standard? (Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting, September 15, 2016)
- Joe Carcello: Hampton Creek Ran Undercover Project to Buy Up Its Own Vegan Mayo (Olivia Zaleski , Bloomberg.com, August 4, 2016)
- Joe Carcello: Valeant's Harsh Words on Ex-Executives May Play into Government Probes (Sarah N. Lynch and Mica Rosenberg, Reuters.com, March 21, 2016)
- Joe Carcello: U.S. Investors Have One More Reason to Fret About Chinese Firms (Dave Michaels, Bloomberg.com, November 3, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Trouble is Brewing at the SEC (Eleanor Bloxham, Fortune.com, October 30, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Investor Advocates Worried About Potential Accounting Rule Change (Patrick Temple-West , Politico.com, October 19, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Investor Advocates Protest Proposals Limiting Disclosure
(Francine McKenna, MarketWatch, October 19, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: SEC Looking at Outside Candidates to Lead Audit Regulator PCAOB (Michael Rapoport and Andrew Ackerman, The Wall Street Journal, September 9, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Study Shows Better Audit Reports Lead to Better Audits (Tammy Whitehouse, Compliance Week, August 25, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Audit Firms Called to Account for Cosy Tenures (Madison Marriage, Financial Times, June 14, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: SEC Seeks Views on 'Shocking' Auditor Relationships (Madison Marriage, Financial Times, June 14, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Accounting & Compliance Alert: Chamber of Commerce Seeks Bigger Voice for Business in Regulatory Decisions (Thomson Reuters/Tax & Accounting™, March 9, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Will SEC Pressure Shift the PCAOB’s Standard-Setting Priorities? (Soyoung Ho, Thomson Reuters/Tax & Accounting: CheckPoint™, February 2, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: SEC: Accounting Board Is Dragging Feet (Michael Rapoport, The Wall Street Journal, December 14, 2014)
- Governor Bill Haslam to Speak as Part of Distinguished Speaker Series August 29
- UT Corporate Governance Center Named for Former Business Dean Warren Neel
... more news