The Neel Corporate Governance Center focuses on the areas of corporate governance with strong implications for public policy. Such areas include board structure—including key board committees, such as audit; compensation policy; and institutional shareholder activism.
Click here for faculty experts in these areas.
Upcoming Events and News
- Neel CGC Speaker Series: Wilma Jordan, Founder and CEO of The Jordan, Edmiston Group Inc. (JEGI) and a prominent Haslam College of Business alum, will be speaking Friday, April 29, 2016, from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Haslam Building, room 402. JEGI is an independent investment bank for the media, information, marketing and technology sectors.
- Neel CGC Speaker Series: Taylor Simonton, an experienced audit committee member, long-time PwC partner, and AIM alum, will be speaking Friday, September 16, 2016, from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Haslam Building, room 402.
- Neel CGC Speaker Series: Jim Doty, PCAOB Chairman, will be speaking Friday, September 23, 2016, from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Haslam Building, room 402.
... past events
- Joe Carcello: Valeant's Harsh Words on Ex-Executives May Play into Government Probes (Sarah N. Lynch and Mica Rosenberg, Reuters.com, March 21, 2016)
- Joe Carcello: U.S. Investors Have One More Reason to Fret About Chinese Firms (Dave Michaels, Bloomberg.com, November 3, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Trouble is Brewing at the SEC (Eleanor Bloxham, Fortune.com, October 30, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Investor Advocates Worried About Potential Accounting Rule Change (Patrick Temple-West , Politico.com, October 19, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Investor Advocates Protest Proposals Limiting Disclosure
(Francine McKenna, MarketWatch, October 19, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: SEC Looking at Outside Candidates to Lead Audit Regulator PCAOB (Michael Rapoport and Andrew Ackerman, The Wall Street Journal, September 9, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Study Shows Better Audit Reports Lead to Better Audits (Tammy Whitehouse, Compliance Week, August 25, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Audit Firms Called to Account for Cosy Tenures (Madison Marriage, Financial Times, June 14, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: SEC Seeks Views on 'Shocking' Auditor Relationships (Madison Marriage, Financial Times, June 14, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Accounting & Compliance Alert: Chamber of Commerce Seeks Bigger Voice for Business in Regulatory Decisions (Thomson Reuters/Tax & Accounting™, March 9, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: Will SEC Pressure Shift the PCAOB’s Standard-Setting Priorities? (Soyoung Ho, Thomson Reuters/Tax & Accounting: CheckPoint™, February 2, 2015)
- Joe Carcello: SEC: Accounting Board Is Dragging Feet (Michael Rapoport, The Wall Street Journal, December 14, 2014)
- Governor Bill Haslam to Speak as Part of Distinguished Speaker Series August 29
- UT Corporate Governance Center Named for Former Business Dean Warren Neel
- Joan Heminway: Miller Energy Compensation Draws Critics (Josh Flory, Knoxville News-Sentinel, April 17, 2014)
... more news